2011年12月15日 星期四

Wonderful tonight

I never thought I would miss this damned city but yes, I think I would miss it after all. The tower, the museums, the steak tartare, the crepes, the cafes. And the lovely fellows.

It's been like a dream. These 15 months. Meeting awesome people. Learning about myself. Knowing how much I loved home. And knowing how much love I actually need.

I still remember the moment when I decided to do this. I was excited. I was hesitant. I was excited. I was hesitant. But I was excited.

And now it's the time for the excitement to die down. The dream is over. I want to go home. But at the same time I know there are issues I don't want to face back there. But I want to go home. But I don't want to.

December moody fits. Hurts like hell. I've had two glasses of red, I know what happens after that, and crying in the party is the last thing I want to do. So I skip the Xmas party and go home.

Still early. The Xmas lights in Versailles are still on. Thanks be to God. It's beautiful. From Versailles Chantiers I just go straight on, ignoring all red lights on the way. Caring about nothing except the beautiful boulevard surrounding me. I sing loudly along with the music I'm playing in my headphones.

"I was a stranger in a city
Out of town where the people I know
I had that feeling of self pity
What to do what to do what to do
The outlook was decidedly blue
But as I walked through the foggy streets alone
It turned out to be the luckiest day I've known..."

Just think, if at the crossroads there's a driver who couldn't realize I am there...

Wouldn't that be nice to just die today?

It's wonderful tonight. And all of a sudden, maybe, just maybe, I don't want to go home anymore.

沒有留言:

張貼留言