2011年4月8日 星期五

Please be careful of your belongings

Two news, one good one bad. Bad is, I lost some pounds (as in money, not weight, sadly). Good is, I have a good story to tell.

Below I will present the facts, and the facts only:

Date: 6th April, 2011
Venue: WBS A2.06
Time: around 8pm

1. 7 people in the group.

2. My textbook was originally placed on top of my own laptop.

3. After discussion ended, 4 people left the room, remaining people included Lady, Me and Guy, who chatted about careers stuff.

4. When I was about to leave, I no longer see a textbook on my laptop. One textbook is placed on the table.

5. Examining the textbook, with many corners folded and very worn out, I declared, "This is not mine."

6. Guy said, "Oh. How do you know?" I said, "It's so worn out! Impossible!"

7. Thinking maybe someone dropped my book on the floor (thus making its corners folded) I went home. Briefly flipped through the book. Found underlines and markings. Therefore it is definitely not mine.

8. Next day I went around asking whether my groupmates took my book by mistake. Everybody showed me either their names on their book or highlighter marks on their book. Except one Guy. He said, "Oh, my book is in my car. But I didn't make any markings on my book. I'm sure this is not mine."

9. I reported this finding to Uncle R. Uncle R reported that this morning when there were only 3 people in the lecture room, this Guy was flipping through the textbook.

*

So guys, keep a close eye on your belongings, including any textbooks that you're planning to sell out on Amazon. My textbook has now depreciated to scrap value overnight. I don't intend to confront that guy, so treat it as a non-recurring write off. But it's not about the money. My point is:

How could something so "high school" happen in an MBA course for god's sake?!

沒有留言:

張貼留言