2011年4月2日 星期六

Governance emergencies! (2)

OK. Presentation day. Our group was last to go so we're probably expected with the best, but obviously now I think we should come last. No joking, the lecturer was damn right we all worked on our own slides without any co-operation or co-ordination or interlinkage. Because co-operation wasn't possible.

This guy who started off by introducing the company (which, really, wasn't necessary: who doesn't know what is Disney anyway?) started playing a video to "wake the people up" without me even knowing that he was gonna do it. And what was that video? A Mickey Mouse cartoon. That's it. And how much is that related to our presentation? Well, not much to be honest, except that both are associated with Disney.

Then the guy used TEN minutes to introduce the company and the timeline of events (mind you, all 5 of us had 30 minutes in total), which, again, is not much related to the questions that we were prompted to answer. And with odd captions that were meant to "make the presentation more interesting" as well, "Waking of the Sleeping Beauty"? "Ruling with an iron fist"? "The roaring mouse"? What was all that about?! If you could make the whole thing funny, fine; but if you can't, you're just downright odd. No kidding.

Second guy, again, used TEN minutes in answering question 1. To be honest, he did do a good job of making things very clear, but then the remaining TEN minutes had to be split between THREE people. And, I was the ending speaker. Again.

No kidding, I did lots of research for the presentation, but none of them bothered to understand them nor use them properly. And since they didn't do a good job of explaining anyway, I mentioned those at the conclusion section. Ending comment by lecturer, "I think there was some important stuff that should be put in the context, not at the conclusion. I feel your presentation is very loosely structured."

Well, he was right. I didn't even ask for the final mark for our presentation. I'm not even interested. I'm not happy, really; I hate delivering shitty work KNOWING that it's going to be shitty. I just didn't bother trying to convince those uncles with a terribly big ego. My bad.

One funny thing happened AFTER the presentation though. There was a lady doing distance MBA who came along and said, "Well done! I didn't know you were going to speak in the presentation! You were so quiet in the class, I thought you were very shy! You did a good job!"

So I was like, "Shy? Huh? Well...you can ask these guys." and I pointed to my full time colleagues.

And my good old colleague said, "She's not shy. She's not THERE!"

Which is true because, as a protest against the crappy course and the lecturer who constantly feels too good about himself, I skipped the entire Thursday's lectures.

沒有留言:

張貼留言