2011年3月3日 星期四

If you hate people pretending to be humble, high five!

Quite some time ago there was this colleague of mine whom I talked about taking an MBA. I was saying to do it in UK would cost me nearly all the money I had, but if I really can't afford it myself my parents can give me some support. This guy says, wow, you're pretty rich huh. And I say, yea, "dou OK ga".

The answer took the guy by surprise for a second, but then he said, I LIKE YOUR ANSWER!

*

I forgot what we were talking about but some guy from my group asked me, you got a pretty high GMAT score, right? And I say, yea, was pretty high.

And the guy who asked the question said, I LIKE YOUR ANSWER!

*

Why do they like my answer? Well it's obviously because people don't usually JUST SAY "I am good."

They'll say, "Nah, I sucked at it." Then wait for other people to ask, "Then what did you get?" "710." "Oh my god and you say you sucked at it? I can't believe it!" "Well yea...I scored 800 in all my GMAT practice tests so I was really disappointed with my results, yea, you know, well, um..."

They'll say, "No I'm not rich! Stop saying that!" Then wait for other people to ask, "Then where do you live?" "Chelsea." "Oh my god and you say you're not rich? I can't believe it!" "Well uh...it just costed me around a million or two, yea, you know, well, um..."

You just HATE these kinda people don't you!

*

So next time anyone asks me why I succeeded in something, I will say to him/her, because I am good.

And that's at least part of the truth, isn't it? (wink)

2 則留言:

  1. hahaha well said! one point to add is I believe there is real difference between the real humbleness and 扮哂野 gei~

    回覆刪除
  2. Haha of course la Andew Jai. I always admire people who are truly humble, but as you probably know quite well I am NOT that kind of person. So I'd argue that 牙擦無罪,沾沾有理, at least its not hypocrisy.

    回覆刪除