2011年3月23日 星期三

I hate strategy

I repeat, I hate strategy.

Well looking at the paper from 2010, I just don't see how I would benefit by being able to recite the definition of "competitive advantage" and "core competence".

OK. Give me a business. Then I'm supposed to tell you, A is a competitive advantage. B is just a core competence, not a competitive advantage. C are the resources of the company, but it is not the core competence. D is an intangible resource. E is a tangible resource.

OK then. SO WHAT? Does that change anything?

*

And there was this slide that really made me burst:

Title: Levels of uncertainty (Source: Courtney, Kirkland and Viguerie (1997) Harvard Business Review)

- Clear enough future
-- single view

- Alternative futures
-- limited set of possible future outcomes one of which will occur

- Range of futures
-- range of possible outcomes

- True ambiguity
-- not even a range of possible future outcomes

OK, you've exhausted all possibilities. How does that help?

*

Jesus Christ. I prefer serendipity.

沒有留言:

張貼留言