2011年5月14日 星期六

How easy it is to lose money in Cov

We just had one day to spend in Coventry, I decided to take my sis to Leamington.

Was a Sunday. Arrived at Rootes bus station at 15:15. Looked at timetable and found that we missed the 15:12 bus. Next bus will arrive at 16:12.

Sister wanted to go to Tesco to see if there is anything British she could buy as a souvenir. To Tesco we went. Then we caught the 16:07 bus from Tesco to Leamington via Warwick Uni.

Outside Rootes, the bus broke down. In other words, we successfully travelled from Tesco to Warwick Uni for 1.6 pounds EACH. As I got off the bus, Mr. Adeel and Mr. Haroon at the station asked me, what on earth did you do to our bus? We can't go out now!

As the next bus will arrive at 17:12, we decided to take a taxi to Leamington. The taxi took off. I noticed that the meter wasn't on. I asked the driver, "Hello? Your meter isn't on?"

Driver said, "What? We agreed on 20 pounds!"

1. He never mentioned 20 pounds.
2. We never said any word apart from "Leamington" and "Parade" to this taxi driver.
3. As far as experience tells me, going to Leam ISN'T 20 pounds.

I said, no I can't do 20 pounds. At most 15.

Driver showed us a list saying "Coventry Taxi Driver Association". "According to this list I should have charged 28 pounds to Leamington. I'm just charging you 20 and you agreed. All the drivers at the station heard you."

1. If the right price is 28 why are you charging me 20?
2. Again, I never agreed to 20.
3. Even if the true price on the meter turns out to be 28, for the sake of not wanting this dodgy guy earn my money, I said,

"Let us out. I'm not going now."

"Fine, but the minimum charge is 2.8 pounds. Pay me 2.8 pounds and I can let you off here."

I prolly should have called the police but I wonder if any police will deal with this on a Sunday afternoon. So we paid 2.8 pounds and went back to the taxi stand to take another taxi.

Total money spent: 3.2 pounds for the bus and 2.8 pounds for the dodgy taxi = 6 pounds
Total achieved: getting horridly pissed off

P.S. Taxi from Rootes to Leam finally took me another 16 pounds.

沒有留言:

張貼留言