2010年11月18日 星期四

Ah...forget the Chinese!

Yes I do realize that I haven't been seriously blogging in November, and for the sake of time management I stopped writing in Chinese. Please bear with me, I hope I will resume writing in that language after this term.

*

Finally got my first job application rejection. From Rothschild. Well yea I shouldn't be surprised, Linda did warn me that I'm over-qualified for the graduate program...well whatever, it's better than having loose ends dangling around anyhow.

Something about application systems though: been applying online for a global investment bank and failed to proceed to the "submit" button because the system didn't allow me to fill in the name of my previous employers. Applicants can only choose the previous employer name from a list of 300 firms, and (obviously) my old bosses weren't on the list. Well well how cocky is that?! Leon Richards commented: "Well think about it, you probably don't want to work for an employer like that, do you?"

Funny thing is, I do. No hypocrisy, no nonsense. Why ask me all those daft questions about "Why Citi Why Blackrock Why RBS Why Barcap" when what you are actually ONLY concerned about is whether I've been working in a posh firm in the past or whether I have a 2:1 degree in undergrad. Why not do this effective screening and make it honest? It's kinda discrimination, I know. But it's unbelievable how much the HR guys are obsessed with this 2:1 requirement. Is that not discrimination then?

Isn't it awful having that 2:2 hanging around when you know it's not even related to your career at all? Well anyway I decided to STOP ALL JOB-HUNTING till I am about to graduate. Fuck the programs, they've been taking too much of my time! Stop worrying about career. I saved enough money to do exactly that. Why wasn't I sticking to it?

*

Had a really interesting conversation with a classmate today. We were talking about how we could improve to work better. Substantially there's nothing much to say, really, the group's been terrific, but this guy did ask a good question: You're just 24, how on earth did you get THAT cynical?

Reading through my previous blog entries, he's right! Probably 90% of my entries are cynical/depressed and the remaining 10% are happy, and the happy entries are written in codes that probably nobody but the only relevant person knows how to decode.

And now I know there's this point when I no longer knew how to make her happy anymore. Because I didn't even know how to make myself happy. And everything just bloody crashes.

Now. I'm getting hungry again in the middle of the night. And I like it because when this always happens, it means I am happy. =)

1 則留言: