2011年6月24日 星期五

When jokes are not jokes they are really funny

It's pretty much the first time I talk to MBA students from somewhere other than Warwick. Turns out different schools really breed different people.

So me and Ms. Ayse were having lunch with an American guy exchanging from Thunderbird. He said he has a job interview in Hamburg in the next few days, and it will be conducted in German.

Ms. Ayse said, "Ah. So you will be telling them what are your weaknesses in German!" and we chuckled. Well in case you don't know why we chuckled, it's because Warwick students have the common perception that "What are your weaknesses?" is about the daftEST question on earth for any interviewer to ask.

Then this guy said, "Yea. Ich bien ein perfectionist." I didn't know a word of German so for my benefit he translated it. "I am a PERFECTIONIST." he said.

And he went on. "I could never let go of something until it's perfect. I really can't do it. And there's another thing. I can't lie. If I lied it'd be all over my face. I can't even play poker. And I can't bribe. There are many things I can do, but you can't tell me to do anything unethical."

Just in case, I took a look and made sure he's not serious.

Oh no. He IS serious about the question. So both me and Ms. Ayse went dead silent. Thank god it's time for class to resume.

沒有留言:

張貼留言